Our Campaign Reports will allow you to measure the effectiveness of your individual marketing efforts.
Creating your Campaign ID's
Affiliates are able to create their own campaign codes and track the traffic that runs through each. You can create as many campaigns as you'd like but our system will only show the top 100 campaigns on the Campaign Reports page.
Below is an example of how the Campaign Codes should be implemented on your links to successfully track sales through each Campaign:
http://PLACE URL HERE?channel=affiliates&identifier=YOURAFCODE&cid=PLACE THE UNIQUE CID HERE
The following guidelines should be used to create and track your campaigns succesfully:
- Campaign codes (CID's) are case sensitive and we recommend using lower case characters. Campaign codes will show on your reports exactly as they were created on your links.
- Please use alpha numeric CID's as our system may not recognize special characters and these will not track correctly.
- Campaign codes can not be longer than 45 characters.
- Unspecified (not specified in the URL) CID's will be placed in the 'Unknown' campaign code field on the Campaign Reports page.
- Campaign codes will be stored in the tracking cookie and will remain until a new cookie is placed or deleted by the customer.
- The Campaign code will need to be added to any inbound URL to Big Fish Games in order to be tracked through the specific Campaign.
Tracking your Campaigns
You can track the Campaigns you've created on the Campaign Reports page. Once you've reach the Campaign Reports page you'll be presented with a list of the current campaigns you've created and have been used by customers bound to your account. You can view the Campaign Report by day or by month and save the data as a CSV file by clicking on the green arrow on the page.
You're able to click on each campaign to see title of games sold, genre, First Time Purchase, units sold, and total sales. The First Time Purchase metric is a good way to learn what game within a campaign caused the customer to purchase. These can also be saved as a CSV file. Each Campaign report will include the top 100 games that were tracked on the specific Campaign.
Below are some things to consider when viewing your reports and how some scenario's can affect your reporting
- Campaign reports only show game sales from customer bound to your account.
Any game sales by non-qualifying customer will not show in your campaign report, even if the purchase was made through your campaign link.
- Campaign reports only show data for eligible purchases through the CID built URL.
Any game sales by qualifying customers will not show in your campaign report if the purchase was not made through your campaign link.